Tasmanian Society for Information Technology in Education
Making Your Classroom Autonomous
Teaching and Robotics
On the 15th September, TASITE (Tasmanian Society for Information Technology in Education) will be holding a live presentation in Hobart on Robotics for teachers and students from 4.00 - 5.30pm. Venue TBC.
· Rob Torok - Renown Tasmanian Robotics Educator and co-author of soon to be released books:
· Getting Started with LEGO® MINDSTORMS: Learn the Basics of Building and Programming Robots
· Mastering LEGO® MINDSTORMS: Build Better Robots with Python and Word Blocks
· Bronwen Baume-Tarrant - Co-Director of FIRST LEGO League in Australia, President of STAT and mentor to students in National and International Robotics competitions.
· Chris Bracken - Author of Educate NXT (Robotics in the Classroom), CET Education Officer - Secondary STEM and Learning Technologies
There will be time for socialising and networking. Light refreshments provided.
The presentation will include:
Rob talking about his upcoming LEGO Robotics books, including ways teachers can engage with it.
Chris will discuss aspects of running a Robotics program at your school.
Bronwyn will talk about Robotics competitions available to students, including FIRST LEGO League and Tech challenge.
· $10 - members
· $20 - non-members
Membership information Digital Technologies - TASITE - Join us
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.